Terms & Conditions
We are committed to your privacy!peterlang.com.au does collect a certain amount of information from our customers and visitors to our website. We do this for the effective running of our day-to-day business and in improving your experience with us. We know that keeping your personal information private is very important and we do this responsibly and in accordance with Australian law. Maintaining your confidence in us is our priority.
Providing personal information is not a prerequisite for accessing the peterlang.com.au website. It is however necessary when placing an order online, registering to receive information or providing feedback. In these cases you will see that some of the information you are asked to provide is mandatory (without which you will not be able to complete the process).
Apart from the information you personally provide to us we may collect navigational information when you browse the peterlang.com.au site. This is general information like your domain type, IP service provider, browser type and IP address and is presented in the form of overall average use on a daily basis and does not contain personal information about you.
We also use a browser feature known as a cookie, which assigns a unique identification to your computer and are typically stored on your computer's hard drive. Both navigational information and cookies are used by us to identify problems, evaluate the effectiveness of our website and analyse trends. With this knowledge, we can improve the quality of your experience on our website by recognising and delivering more of the most desired features.
Personal information collected through peterlang.com.au will be handled with the strictest confidence; stored securely and not shared with any third party.
Credit Card Information
No credit card information is stored by Peter Lang Pty Ltd. No person will ever see your credit card number. For security reasons, we do not store your credit card details on our records, so you will be required to re-enter these details when you make each purchase.
Post-Purchase Courtesy Email
Once a purchase is made with peterlang.com.au, you will receive a courtesy email from Peter Lang head office advising the expected delivery date of your Peter Lang piece and to evaluate your shopping experience with us.
Feedback & Testimonials
As part of your post-purchase customer care, you will also be invited to provide feedback or testimonials regarding your experience. Testimonials may be published on our website, clearly marked 'testimonials' and your first name and state of residence or country will also be included.
As a member of peterlang.com.au, you will receive newsletters to keep you updated with all industry news and activity related to Peter Lang Pty Ltd as well as information that will keep you up-to-date with any promotional offers or Peter Lang Pty Ltd events. You will have the ability to 'opt out' from receiving this material at any time.
Peter Lang Pty Ltd trading as Peter Lang ACN 0540229 944 Registered in Australia
In order to make a purchase, you simply go to “Let’s go shoping” where you can view all the categories, select the category you like, and go shopping. When you select a product you would like to buy simply add it to your cart, then either continue shopping and adding to your cart. Once you have finished your shopping go the checkout and follow the steps for payment.
You can register to automatically receive e-newsletters and promotions operated by Peter Lang.
Purchasing Peter Lang Jewellery & Products
All accessories sold through peterlang.com.au are intended for personal use only. Peter Lang Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel any orders which appear to be for the purpose of wholesale or resale elsewhere.
Trading Currency AUD
All prices shown are in Australian Dollars. All purchase transactions and shipping costs will be calculated and processed in Australian Dollars.
Once you have purchased online, your order will be processed and your purchases will be individually packaged into custom made Peter Lang gift boxes, as seen in Customer Service section.
Shipping and Handling
Peterlang.com.au delivers around the globe. We use Express post or E-post, Australia-wide and Australia Post Registered post internationally to offer you the most efficient delivery possible.
Delivery with Australia is FREE - taking approx 10 working days - often less.
International Delivery is $15 - takes approx 14-20 working days - often less. International express delivery can be arranged for an additional charge of approx $50 (depending on Country) if you require this serviceDelivery with Australia
Processing Your Order
- All purchases will be shipped to the purchaser between 8 - 14 working days of placing the order. If your order is placed over a weekend or national holiday period delays may be experienced.
- Orders will not be dispatched on Saturdays, Sundays or national public holidays, they will be processed and dispatched the following business day.
- Before we dispatch your order we personally inspect your items to ensure they are in perfect condition. Your items are then carefully packaged to ensure they arrive in the exact same condition. In the event your goods arrive in a damaged or less than perfect condition, please notify us within 2 days of receiving your delivery.
Tracking Your Order
Once your order has been dispatched, you will receive an email notification from peterlang.com.au containing details of when you may expect your delivery. During the transit period, if you have any queries regarding the whereabouts of your goods, you may contact the email@example.com and will we track your order.
Important Delivery Information
- Goods require a signature on delivery, so please ensure you nominate a suitable address (work address) so you can receive the goods once they arrive.
- We are unable to redirect goods once the order has been dispatched.
- In the event of an unsuccessful delivery, one re-attempt at delivery will be made before the package is returned to Peter Lang. If you require us to dispatch the package for a second time, an additional shipping fee will apply.
- Order cut-off times and delivery time-frames are provided as a guide only, and may alter if there is any delay in payment authorization being completed.
- We do not take responsibility for any unforeseen circumstances which may cause your delivery to be late. These include strikes, natural disasters and any other reasons beyond our control.
To minimize the risk of an advertised item being unavailable, we pride ourselves on keeping an up-to-date computerised inventory of all items stocked. If for any reason, peterlang.com.au is unable to fill your requested order, you will be notified by email as soon as possible and we will conduct a payment reversal if the transaction has been processed. We will do our best to offer you an alternate product.
Cancellation of Orders
- As we endeavour to ship purchases as soon as possible after an order is received, we will only accept a cancellation by you if we receive written notice of your intention to cancel before the items have been dispatched.
- Once your order has been dispatched we are unable to cancel your order. As per our Return Policy, we only offer refunds on faulty items.
Sales Taxes/Handling Charges
- For all merchandise purchased through peterlang.com.au, a mandatory 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) is payable by Australian law.
- For all Australian residents or Australian shipping addresses, this 10% GST will be included in your order subtotal and processed at the time of sale processing.
- For international customers this 10% tax will not be charged by peterlang.com.au, however you will be liable to pay your own country's applicable import/duty taxes on receipt of your package. It is your sole responsibility to research these duty/taxes and you are liable to pay them on receipt of your packages.
Returns and Repairs Policy
- Peter Lang Guarantee - all products are guaranteed against manufacturers faults for 12 months from date of purchase. Please ensure your goods are carefully packaged and protected when returning to us for repair. We take no responsibility for damage or loss in post/transit. Your receipt as proof of purchase must be included with any return. It is your responsibility to pay for any returns postage, however Peter Lang will pay for your goods to be returned to you after repair or replacement. In the event that the item cannot be repaired or replaced, a refund will be made.
- Please choose carefully as we do not normally refund if you simply change your mind or make a wrong descision.
- Before your purchases are shipped to you, we personally inspect your items to ensure they are in perfect condition. Your items are then carefully packaged to ensure they arrive in the exact same condition.
- In the event your goods arrive in a damaged or less than perfect condition, please notify us immediately so we can address this with our shipping company.
- If goods arrive faulty or damaged, we will repair or replace the item.
Returns Procedure – 4 short steps
- You must notify us of your intention to return any item within 7 days of delivery. You can do this by emailing the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will email you with details and the address for delivery.
- Include your receipt and email communication with the item in the package and ensure the item is carefully wrapped and protected for transport.
- Once we received the item/s, we will either repair or replace with 14 days and return by Australia Post services to you.
You have purchased a fashion accessory which requires some amount of care to maintain its beauty and wearability.
- When worn against the skin, wipe with soft cloth to remove perfume, fingerprints and acid from skin.
- Clean gently, never brush as this may loosen stones and settings. Never use detergents, amononia, alcohol or jewellery cleaners as these are abrasive.
- Always put jewellery on after applying perfumes, hairspray and make-up. Do not wear while swimming or in the shower.
- Store pieces in the packaging supplied and never throw or store pieces in a jewellery box where it may be scratched.
- All Peter Lang products are guaranteed against manufacturers faults for a period of 12 months from date of purchase.
- Please see return policy for 4 easy steps.
The guarantee does not cover faults from loss, accidental damage or mistreatment, modifications to design or damage from perfume, hairspray, water or other agents.